The next Abbey Theatre Transition Year Work Experience Programme in May 2017. We are inviting students for work experience during the week of 15 May 2017.
The week-long programme promises to be an exciting week of activity for anyone with an interest in theatre. You will get an opportunity to experience all areas of this industry from the technical stage areas to the casting / artistic side and everything in between. You will also have an opportunity to view a show from behind the scenes which is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
As the programme is very popular and places are limited, applicants are required to go through a selection process.
To apply for inclusion in this work experience programme please follow the steps below:
1. You must be available for Work Experience during the weeks laid down by the Abbey
2. You need to provide a basic CV
3. You need to complete our application form
4. You will need to provide a recommendation which demonstrates your interest in the theatre. This can be a teacher, community worker, drama coach etc. The recommendation should demonstrate you have a general interest in theatre
5. Optional: 1-2 minute short video by you outlining why you want to come to the Abbey for Work Experience.
As places are limited we will not be able to accommodate everyone but we will endeavour to notify you as soon as we can as to whether you will be included in this work experience week. If you are not included on this occasion there may be further opportunities so keep an eye on this section of the website for updates.
Please send completed application forms and CVs by post to:
26 Lower Abbey Street
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 31 March 2017.